Sunday, March 6, 2011

Back on the HP

I'm using the hp today so I might as well state what it is:  a dm3 pavillion.  The reason I'm using it and not the cr-48 is that the aicpcu, the organization through which I'm obtaining my AINS designation, has a study program that only runs through windows. The crazy thing is that it's a javascript program that seems like it could easily be run through a browser.  It won't install under wine so I never bothered trying it on the cr-48.  At what point will non-tech companies (or even techie companies) start to realize that web based programs are the future?  Instead of developing a program for every platform out there (or failing to do that), why not just make something that can run on the web?
</rant>
Trying out Tiny7 through virtualbox, so far I'm liking it quite a bit!

(for this I need a VM?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment